Lemon Verbena 15gr
Lemon Verbena – the grass of God
Scientific name – Verbena citriodora
Lemon Verbena has been used since ancient times by many cultures as a magic ingredient in ointments that treat pain such as headaches or aches and pains.
A mantinada (traditional poem) in Crete says “I’m a grass of God, my name is Gorgogiannis (another name for Lemon Verbena) and whoever boils me and drinks me wherever he hurts it will become well ”
- It kills the headache
- It relieves rheumatism
- It is tonic, antispasmodic and stimulates metabolism
- It kills stomach upset and gases
- It is against diarrhea
- It is against insomnia
- It is diuretic
- It is antipyretic
- It is antidiabetic
- It is digestive for indigestion and stomach nerves
- It heals wounds
- It is against hemorrhoids
- It is an excellent plant, with significant benefits in detoxifying the body, increasing metabolism and overall health and overall well-being of the body.
Some ways to use
As an infusion, decoction for internal and external use
Its useful parts are the whole plant, leaves, sticks and flowers.
- It is good hypotensive people to avoid Lemon Verbena, because it is a diuretic and lowers blood pressure.
- Women during pregnancy and breastfeeding should avoid consuming it.
- Patients suffer from kidney diseases should avoid consuming it, as Lemon Verbena can irritate the kidneys.
The presentation of herbs is for informational purposes only. Herbs should be consumed with caution and with the consent of the doctor, especially for those who are receiving medical treatment, but also for pregnant women, nursing mothers and children.
Herbs are not drugs, nor should we consume them recklessly. They cannot cure all diseases. Plants should be used in moderation and always on the advice of experts who know better. Before using any herb, it is essential to make sure it is the right one. Misidentification of herbs is often the cause of many side effects.
There are no reviews yet.